June 1, 2012

May 2012 Income Statement

May was an excellent income month and a large expense month (click on spreadsheet below). 

Our total income for May was $11,571.83.  In addition to our regular paychecks, I received a third “extra” paycheck this month and my awesome wife earning a quarterly bonus of $2,325 gross ($1,937.89 net).   My wife also received $43 in company reimbursements, we received $75 in credit card rewards, and we earned $2.47 in interest income from our online savings account.  I want to take a moment to say that we feel very blessed.  This income allows us to pay our mortgage, save for retirement, live a comfortable lifestyle, etc. and it is only because of God.  We do not deserve it, but pray that we use it to His glory.


In May we spent a total of $9,282.48.  Leading the way was a whopping $1,470.47 in purchases for household items; I guess we’re not buying stuff for our new place J.  Some other large, infrequent expense include: $354.90 for clothing, $230 in extra nanny pay (overtime) and $185.44 for a hotel.

June should be another good income month, led by an “extra” third paycheck for my wife (after I just received 3 paychecks in May).  We will continue to use this “extra” money to pay down our 0% credit card debit.




No comments: