March 13, 2008

I Can’t Afford A Stay At Home Wife

Why? Because my wife is way too profitable.

She just received a $1,292.50 commission check from her company. That’s some serious extra cash. Instead of going out and buying a home theater system (because we already did that last week), we’re going to be more responsible with the money. Our plan is to tithe a portion of the commission, put a portion into savings for taxes, and the rest will go towards funding our Roth IRAs.

If my wife keeps this up, maybe I can be a stay at home husband.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I read that title and expected something along the lines of "because she goes shopping too much when she's not working!" when I opened up the article.

Nice to see she's doing well. I sure wouldn't mind being able to stay home. Maybe someday!

1MansMoney said...

You and me both Mr. Debtbeater. I don't understand people that say they would get bored if they did not work. I already have enough interest/hobbies to fill a day and could find a ton more if time allowed.

-1MansMoney

JW said...

That was a good commission check. Hope you get more like it.

1MansMoney said...

Thanks JW. I hope she gets more like it too. In fact, she's has another good one coming up next month or the month after. I'll keep you posted.

-1MansMoney

Anonymous said...

lol, thats what my husband says to me :)

1MansMoney said...

Yeah, I plan to continue teasing her about it.

-1MansMoney