As I’ve already indicated, 2009 was an up and down year, but ultimately, a good one for us. Below is a table of our net worth data for each month in 2009 (click on table to enlarge). Some highlights from 2009 include:
- We increased our net worth from $42,083.69 to $68,437.63. We missed our net worth goal of $75,600 by $7,162.37, but still did pretty well, all things considered.
- We contributed $10,000 total to our Roth IRAs.
- We contributed $9,437.41 total to our 401(k) plans.
- Our total retirement account balance grew from $23,506.87 to $54,620.37.
- We reduced our debt from $347,279.48 to $4,148.46. Short selling our condo was the bulk of this reduction, but paying off our auto loan eliminated $15,943.59 in debt that we started 2009 with.
With 2010 underway, we’re working hard create new highlights to review in 12 months.