December 15, 2009

Increased my 401(k) Contribution

We've wanted to contribute at least 10% to each of our 401(k)'s for a while now. My wife just increased her 401(k) contribution to 15% in August, but mine was only at 8%. I'm happy to say that I've now increased my 401(k) contribution to 15%, effective my 1st paycheck in January.

If we're both able to keep our jobs throughout 2010, we’ll contribute a total of $18,366 to our 401(k) accounts from our regular paychecks. My wife also has 15% contributed from her quarterly bonus checks. God willing, we may be able to break $20K in total contributions to our 401(k)'s in 2010.

8 comments:

MoneyReasons said...

That's awesome! I increased my 401(k) contribution to the full 15% at the beginning of 2009, and was glad that I did!

For me, it's nice to know that I maxed out what my company allows me to, even though I'm not maxing out the Fed. limit.

Congratulations!

1MansMoney said...

MoneyReasons - Thanks and congrats on increasing your contribution to 15% too. I wish I would have increased mine at the beginning of 2009, but at least I finally got around to it.

-1MansMoney

DINKS said...

The 401(k) is my all-time FAVORITE tool. Freakin' love that thing, good job!

1MansMoney said...

J. Money - I'm lovin' it too!

-1MansMoney

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]aktuelles wetter[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter rtl de[b][/url]

Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I think the post should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.